Learn how to use Ubuntu Software Center for Ubuntu Linux 10.10 to install Google Chrome Web Browser in a few simple steps. Google Chrome is a free web browser created by Google for browsing the Internet.
Google Chrome is very easy to use, fast, and stable. It is a nice alternative to Mozilla FireFox which is the default browser for Ubuntu Linux 10.10.
Ubuntu Software Center is the program you use to easily install and remove programs in Ubuntu without the need to know any command lines or tricks.
1. Go to the top menu, and click on the Applications menu on the top right of the top toolbar.
2. Click on the Ubuntu Software Center shortcut on the bottom of the list.
3. Search for Chrome in the search box on the top right of Ubuntu Software Center.
4. Highlight Chromium Web Browser, and click the install button.
5. Type in your administrative password, and wait for Chrome to install.
6. Google Chrome is located under your Applications Menu’s Internet sub menu.
7. pick your default search engine for Google Chrome, and Google Chrome will start.
Google Chrome is worth installing because it is secure, has plenty of add-ons and themes for it. Plus, it is a very clean, easy to use, and stable web browsers.