I been using Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium for about a month. It has been a great experience so far. It is a great improvement from Windows Vista which was slow on slower PCs, and crashes a lot on my PC. Windows 7 is a fast, light weight, and easy to use OS.
Top seven reasons to switch to Windows 7
1. Windows 7 starts up very fast. It only takes me 45 seconds to start up my PC which only has a 1.8GHz CPU, 1GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive. Resuming from Hibernation only takes around 25 seconds. Waking up from sleep mode only takes about 10 seconds.
2. Programs start up faster. It only takes a 2-5 seconds to launch a program like Internet Explorer 8.
3.All my programs which I regularly used in Windows Vista like Google Chrome, Avant Browser, Firefox, Gimp, MS Office 2007, SuperAntispyware, VLC, CCleaner, etc works in Windows 7.
4. There are fewer crashes compared to Windows Vista. I barely have any crashes since switching to Windows 7.
5. It is easy to use. If you used Windows XP then making the switch to 7 would be simple since there ate no major changes to the graphical interface.
6. Windows 7 works well at multitasking on low end computers with just a 2GHz CPU and 1GB of RAM. This means you can have Windows Live Messenger, Internet Explorer, Windows Media player, and MS Word 2007 open without noticing much slowdown.
7. DirectX11 Gaming on Windows 7. If you have a computer with a Mid-High-end DirectX11 video card then your games will look more realistic and richer then a game running in DirectX9 or 10.
Honourable mentions which did not make the top 7 of Windows 7
1. Windows 7 does not use a lot of system resources
2.The user interface is a lot nicer then Vista. I like the look of the task bar, and windows.
3.You can now burn Disk ISO (Image) files with Windows 7 without the need for a program like CDBurnerXP.
4. The software firewall is more configurable, and has outbound connection available which can prevent spyware from tracking you by sending infp about your computer habits back to a company.
5.You can install up to 192 GB of RAM if you are using the 64bit version of Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate. For 7 Home Premium, you can install up to 16GB of RAM for the 64Bit version.
Source:: Physical Memory Limits: Windows 7
6. Seven now comes with imaging program similar to Symantec Norton Ghost 15.0 (1 PC) which allows you to make a complete backup of all your files, software installed, and OS with the simple backup wizard.
7. It has a Memory Diagnostic program like the one in Vista for troubleshooting corrupt Memory.
8. Window 7 has fewer notifications and pop-ups compared to Windows Vista.
9. The start menu has a built-in search engine for finding files.
Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade at Amazon for a great price if you are using Windows Vista Home Premium.