I wrote very detailed guides on buying, updating, securing, optimizing, maintaining, backing up data, troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading, reusing, and recycling a home desktop computer. Some of the tips in my guides can also be used for laptops. These detailed guides on Computer buying, maintenance and repair will teach you everything you should know about picking and using a computer made for Microsoft Windows in a secure and stable way.
- picking and buying a Computer?
- Updating Windows computer via windows update for greater security, and usability!
- Keeping a Computer Safe from Virus, spyware, and Malware
- Optimizing a computer’s settings for improve performance!
- Maintaining a computer to prolong its life spane
- Backing up your important files on a PC to prevent data lost
- Troubleshooting a broken Computer to find out what is wrong.
- Repairing a computer to fix it to a working state again
- Upgrading a computer for increase speed and more features
- Uses for an old computer which still works
- How to safely throw away a PC without harming the Earth?
The guides I wrote are found on my newly renovated Windows Computer Help website. Each guide also has a links to products you can buy like computer tools, books, parts, and resources you can use to maintain, fix, or upgrade your computer, or learn more about Windows and computer.
Some basic tips I talk about is keeping you computer secure by installing an Antivirus, Antispyware, and AntiMalware program while also backing up your important files to keep them safe from virus infections.
To keep your computer running smoothly, you should occasionally do scan disks, disk cleanup, and defrags and windows updates.
Installing more RAM, a faster CPU and video card which is compatible with your motherboard can also give you a noticeable speed boost.
Linux Distros like Ubuntu Linux 11.04 are best installed on older computers with 1GHz CPU with 1GB of RAM, and a decent video card.
The safest place to recycle old computers is a computer recycling depot.
To read more of my computer tips go to johnsonyip.com which is mainly targeted at consumers and newbie computer users as a one stop website for learning most of the information you need to know about computer ownership. However, advance computer users will also find some very useful information on my website as well for helping them use their pc better.