Learn how to install Oracle VirtualBox 3.2.6 in Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS with Ubuntu Debian Package installer program in 6 simple steps.
Virtual box is a free simple open source virtualization software which lets you run a
guest Operating System like Ubuntu Linux, and Windows inside a host operating system like Ubuntu, Windows, Linux, Mac, or Solaris.
1. Download the i386 package if you have an Intel or 32 bit CPU like a AMD Sempron or AMD64 version is for CPU made by AMD which has 64Bit capabilities. You can download the files at Ubuntu 10.04 from http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
2. Open the Virtual box installer you downloaded with the Gdebi Package installer to open Virtual box debian installer. Click install, and type in your root administrator password. Wait a few minutes for Virtualbox to install itself in Virtualbox.
Note: Also, close any other package installer, synaptic package manager, Ubuntu software center, or any other installer you have open before you begin.
3. Virtualbox is located in Applicaionss > System Utilities menu found in the top right of your desktop.
4. Click the new wizard and follow the Wizard to make a new virtual machine.
5. After you are finish making your virtual machine, it will be in Virtual Box main program.
6. Right click the virtual machine, and pick settings to adjust the settings like boot order, install media, USB devices, networking and more.