phpBB3 is the latest phpBB forum software. It is open source, free, and has an active user and support base, so it is easy to find people to help you with the installation, maintenance, and upgrading process. I been using phpBB for many years it works great. I never had any major problems with the forum software. I also met a lot of great people on phpBB forums.
What you will need to install phpBB3 is a web server that has php installed on it, a FTP client to upload your phpBB install files, and 1 mySQL database for storing your members posts and forum settings.
1. Download phpbb3 from http://phpbb.com
2. Unzip the zip folder with the phpbb3 installation files to your computer and upload it to your FTP server with a FTP client.
3. Make a mySQL database on your webhosting account’s admin panel.
4. Go to yoursite.com/phpbb3
5. Click on the Install tab, and click on the “proceed to next step” button at the bottum.
6. Click the “Start install” button.
7. Fill in your Database server name, database name, database username, database password, and click “Proceed to next step” button.
8. Database connection should be successful if you typed everything correctly. Click on “Proceed to next step” button.
9. type in your admin username, password, confirm password, your e-mail and confirm e-mail, and click on Proceed to next step” button.
Create admin account
10. Adminstrator settings should pass. Click on “Proceed to next step” button.
11. The configuration file has been written. You may now proceed to the next step of the installation. Click on “Proceed to next step” button.
12. You do not need to make any changes unless you want to. It is best to just leave it the way it is, and Click on “Proceed to next step” button.
You can skip this step by proceeding to next step.
13. The database table will automatically be created. Click on “proceed to next step” button.
14. Congratulations you installed phpBB 3 on your website. Click on the login button and login with the admin account you made earlier.
15. Delete, rename, or move the install folder on your phpbb3 folder on your FTP web server.
Remove install folder from phpbb3 folder
Deleting install directory with FTP client
refresh the page and the message will not appear in admin. panel.
phpbb3 administrator control panel
16. To login to your Admin. panel. You first need to login with an admin account to the forum and click on the Administrator Control Panel link at the bottum of the forum.