Setting up your Speaker system for Windows Vista and 7
Learn how to configure your Vista computer speakers for Stereo, 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 surround sound speaker systems in the sound settings program which you can find in the Windows Control Panel. By setting up your soundcard and Windows to recognize your speaker type. You can take advantage of the surround sound features of your settings. You can also text your speakers with the sound program to make sure if all your speakers work, and are properly set up to work with your speaker system type like 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, etc.
1. You first have to go to your Control Panel then click on the sound icon.
2. Click on the Speakers Icon then on the configure button on the lower left of the window.
3. Pick your speaker type then press test.
4. Check the boxes below to indicate which speakers are present in your speaker configuration. Press Next
5. Check the check boxes that apply to your speaker system.
6. Press Finish. You are done, but you may need to restart your Media players or computer for your computer sound settings to change.