Ubuntu usually notify you when Updates are available, but you can still manually check for updates. By updating Ubuntu Linux, your computer runs more faster, safer, and stabler since updates fix problems with reliability, safety, and stability with patches.
It is very easy to to install Updates on Ubuntu which makes Ubuntu run better, so it is worth updating your computer when Updates are available.
Ubuntu Update Manager also installs updates for new version of 3rd party software like Firefox, Gimp, Open Office.
1. Click on the System Menu on the top toolbar.
2. Browse to the Administration Sub Menu.
3. Look for Update Manager.
4. Click the Check Button on Update Manager.
5. Type in your administrator password you made when you installed Ubuntu.
6. Wait for Ubuntu finish Installing your software and operating updates.
7. In some cases, you may need to restart your computer for the updates to finish installing.
Note: If you get errors during the update task, you should restart your computer, and try again at a later time.
Congratulations, now you know how to manually update Ubuntu 10.04 for your computer.